Saturday, September 10, 2011

What I think when it's Dark

I got up at 4:10am to run this morning. It was very very early, and very very dark. My mind was playing funny tricks on me this morning, so I started composing a list in my head. So here we go, (fair warning-very random)

  1. Wearing a headlamp helps a lot. Except it ruins your night vision, so everything outside the beam looks a little freaky.
  2. Headlamp+sweaty forehead=zits. Lame.
  3. I wonder what I look like to cars before they realize I'm a runner?
  4. Why are cars out at 4:30am on a Saturday?
  5. What must they think of ME running in the dark at 4:30am on a Saturday?
  6. Crap! Almost stepped on roadkill. I don't even know what animal it was. Ew!
  7. I think it was a raccoon. Maybe. Why am I still thinking about the dead thing?
  8. Eek! Eyes everywhere! Where did they go? There they are, wth?
  9. Oh, cats. Okay. That's not so bad. A herd of cats? There must be six or seven. Creepy eyes. Quit looking at me!
  10. Oh hello deer family eating breakfast. Um, why is the buck running next to me? Seriously, two blocks? I have a new running partner! Oh, back to his family he goes. That was so weird.
A lot can happen between 4:30-6am when your mind is working overdrive. 9.38 miles done before 6am. The amazing part? It's 2pm and I'm still awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment