Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday brought to you by the letter R

RAIN
This morning I got up at 4:30 to run before my hubby went to work, hoping for less wind. No such luck. Then it started to rain-hard. Ouch! Needless to say, my last mile was the fastest. I am excited about it getting lighter in the mornings, but if I am going at 4:30 I think it will be quite a while before I can go without my headlamp. Still trying to decide if early morning works better, or trying to squeeze it into busy afternoons.

RACE
There is a 10k on Saturday I am really looking foward to. I am not in 10k race condition, so I don't expect it to be fast at all. I have not worked on speed in a long time aside from throwing a few tempo(ish) miles in here and there. The course is a steep uphill, and a continuous uphill to the turnaround. The good news? Downhill to the finish! So, I am planning to keep the effort even on the uphills ad hopefully have some fantastic negative splits on the way down. Preferably without a sideache.

REST
Because of my cold, I haven't run a lot this week. I keep feeling the need to add miles to make up for the lack on Sunday and Monday. Is it better to rest the day before a short race, or run a few miles with pickups to get the legs moving? Again, I'm not going for a PR here-just a decent effort.

RANT
1. Why is it so hard for drivers to LOOK right before they TURN right.
2. I need to have my wisdom teeth removed ASAP. I am trying to plan this around my running/racing-easier said then done.
3. PMS-speaks for itself.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday! The end (of the week) is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment